Compiled: Chijioke Ezeibe
Entrepreneurship has been for the daring ones, you need some guts to be able to pull this through, and BELT has put together 10 entrepreneurs who have defied status quo to start their businesses and build their brands.
Be Inspired, what are you waiting for? What is your excuse to start? START SOMETHING!
- Damilola Fayomi – She is the CEO of Happy Feet, a business she runs in partnership with her mum. Her love for awesome, beautiful and nice shoes made her start HappyFeet, she thought about the hassle of getting the kind of shoes she wanted in Nigeria, this made her think of the idea of going to the UK, handpicking nice shoes, as well as setting up a brand to make these shoes available to Nigerians, and this birthed HappyFeet.
Contact – I.G – Happyfeet Tel- 08033266474
- Prince Chikezie – During his National Youth Service year, Chikezie joined an entrepreneurship class where he learnt how to make pastries, cakes, yogurt, small chops, cookies and the likes. He started by making these things in small quantities for his friends to taste and give him their feedback, over time he started taking orders, that was how he started CakePlus from his room, no shops, no store, just his kitchen, and then he gave attention to the packaging of his services.
Contact Details – I.G – Cakeplus, Tel – 07034841349
- Teniola Dami Akanni – Dami is a Lawyer who took that daring, unconventional step of leaving the practice of Law to follow her love for the kitchen. She is the CEO of Delidun, a business that cares for your stomach and takes your taste buds on an awesome trip. Coming from a family with a strong legal background, Dami followed her love for food, by making a business of it.
Contact- I.G – Deliduntreats Tel- 08067834952, 08105376576
- Iblem Dienye – Iby has used her creativity & knowledge to map out solutions. She has always loved beauty and make-up, something she freely did for friends till she started making profit off it, she used her knowledge of beauty and aesthetics to grow a business in human hair and weaves. She put in all that to start ArtsbyVickyD, to build her makeup brand and also bring life to old human hair weaves.
Contact- I.G – @artbyvickyd & @artbyvickyd_hair Tel – 08118837595, 08188881364
- Austin Okpagu – He is a social entrepreneur, and has shown that money doesn’t always have to be the main reason for starting a business, but instead, having the welfare of people at heart, seeing a need and meeting it. Austin started Shoe Revamp, a business that offers shoe care, repairs and redesigning of foot wears and bags.
Contact details – I.G – sheorevamp Tel- 09033961136
- Juliet Umeh – She has always loved surprises as well as surprising people, bringing them happiness and making them feel loved. During her NYSC year she started her company ‘Surprise Guru’, Surprise guru is into delivering fresh flowers, organizing surprise engagements, birthdays, special valentine, surprise pull ups and random surprises, just to show that special person you care.
Contact – I.G –surpriseguru Tel- 09034444057
- Sodimu Babajide- He owns Kacks by Sodi, a brand that was set up to provide shoes for Nigerians in line with the global trend, with class as the primary objective. Sodimu’s motivation is to create excellent shoes that can meet international standards.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Mabel Nnena Nwoga – Nnenna is the CEO of MabelNenna Design, a business that makes bespoke and creative Ankara bags and slippers. Mabel makes and sells her own Ankara bags and slippers that promotes the African image. She has created a service system that specifically meets the needs of her clients, mostly people looking to have the African touch in their style.
Contact- Fb – www.facebook.com/mabelnnenadesign Tel –08067580653
- Msugh Agu – He is the CEO of Mooseleatherworks, a shoe company that makes made in Nigerian leather foot wears. He learnt the art of shoemaking from a roadside cobbler in Kaduna. After his period of apprenticeship he started making his own shoes, first as a hobby, he became creative with the art after studying to be a chemical engineer , and eventually ventured into making shoes a business and promoting the ‘Made In Nigeria’ Slogan.
Contact- I.G – Mooseleatherworks Tel- 07031287764
- Sykes Jonathan – Sykes is the CEO of Sykes J photography and the brain behind @myfotoexperience on Instagram.
He started photography as an undergraduate and continued sharpening his skills in the art. He captures moments and documents them for individuals, brands, companies and cities.
Sykes doesn’t just takes pictures, he does it with a very creative style that makes him different.
Contact- I.G – sykesjay Tel- 0806532241