Uche Pedro is a Nigerian blogger, writer, social media expert and entrepreneur. She is the founder of BellaNaija.com, an online entertainment, fashion and lifestyle magazine and has gone on to motivate many bloggers including the richest blogger in Nigeria, Linda Ikeji.
Uche Pedro started blogging as an hobby in 2006. She wanted to keep herself busy after she graduated from school and waiting to resume her post-graduation job with Shell. One thing I like about her style of blogging is consistency, organization and professionalism. Something many bloggers fail to achieve.
BellaNaija.com, a company that develops and delivers exciting online content aimed at Nigerian and Pan-African audiences. Uche’s savvy grasp of media trends has led to BellaNaija.com becoming the go-to lifestyle, entertainment and fashion portal in Africa. Her website has established a loyal following amongst the young, cosmopolitan, upwardly mobile set in Nigeria. It has over 1 million unique visitors and 9 million page views each month.
This talented Nigerian blogger and online media entrepreneur won the award ahead of other African bloggers including; Sylvia Kamau (Kenya), Aisha Baker (South Africa), and Theodora Lee(South Africa).
Nickelodeon in 2016 revealed that Uche Pedro is among this year’s nominees for the 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards, the ultimate fan celebration of the best of everything kids love in pop culture. The nominees reflect the entertainment that audiences see, play, listen to and read in droves, from movies like Star Wars; The Force Awakens, Jurassic World and Pitch Perfect 2, to a host of television shows, music, gaming, books and more.
Uche Pedro’s BellaNaija website added its voice to social activism and awareness campaigns on social issues that matter in Nigeria including the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.
IT News Africa recently listed Uche Pedro as one of the continent’s top ten up-and-coming entrepreneurs who are making some serious waves in the technology space – either by re-imagining established products or services, expanding radically into new areas, or developing better solutions for Africa.
This Nigerian new media queen has created an enormous buzz and loyal following with Africa’s fashionistas and celebrity watchers.
Uche Pedro is also the founder of BainStone’s a flagship media property a Nigeria’s premier lifestyle, entertainment and fashion website that has an average of 15 million page views every month.
Her blog Bellanaija.com earns around $40,000-$50,000 a month from Google Adsense alone and she makes additional $10,000 from direct advert,sponsored post and weddings features.
Recognition and awards
She has indeed been a fore player in the business of blogging in Nigeria and Africa as whole, below are some recognitions and awards.
- In 2010 she won Outstanding Contribution to Fashion Communication Award and “The Future Awards Africa” for Young Media Entrepreneur of the Year in 2013 and many other awards.
- Uche Pedro was interviewed by CNN reporter, Isha Sesay on CNN i-List on September 28, 2010 on account of her enormous achievements.
- She was also featured on the Oprah Winfrey show “Beauty Around the World”, in February 2010 alongside Jessica Simpson and Lisa Ling.
- In 2013,Uche won The Future Awards Young Media Entrepreneur of the Year.
- She also won the Creative Industries Awards for Bloggers in 2015.
- In 2016, she was awarded with the Kids’ Choice Awards Best African Blogger.
- She is a Fellow of TEDGlobal and a Nigeria Leadership Initiative associate NLI Associate
According to our estimations based on her businesses and achievement, Uche Pedro is worth $4million