Words: Elizabeth Kolade
Virtual reality (VR) is an artificial or simulated environment where users interact and relate with different live-like features in cognitive mode, making the environment to appear or feel real.
VR gaming – an incredible way to game!
In VR gaming you are interacting with the environment in which you are gaming. I mean, you could feel your enemies’ bullets come straight at you, their punch in your face, yours in theirs, or your feet on the chase. It’s just like getting lost in the thick of a dream; where it is almost impossible to tell if it is real or not, until you ‘wake up’. It doesn’t just give you the 3D effect, you get the presence effect.
VR gaming hems you into a different world of reality and its “near-life” experience makes it a much better proposition than normal gaming.
Really; what could be more awesome than interacting with high end tech?
VR devices are pretty pricy but it’s absolutely worth the experience. A few examples of VR headsets: Samsung VR, Occulus Rift, PlayStation VR, Microsoft Hololens, HTC Vive and Google Cardboard
Here are a few Super cool VR Games you should try out:
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PlayStation VR exclusive)
- Batman: Arkham VR (Multiplatform)
- Gunheart (multiplatform): built with VR headsets in mind specifically
- Eve: Valkyrie (Multiplatform)
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew (Multiplatform): best enjoyed with friends
- Farpoint (PlayStation VR exclusive),
- Raw Data (HTC Vive exclusive)
- ADR1FT (Oculus Rift exclusive)
- The Climb (Oculus Rift exclusive)
- Grand Theft Auto
And just if you think these ones are super amazing already, imagine what the VR games of the future will be.